Elphin Windmill dates back to the eighteenth century and is thought to have been built by Edward Synge (1691-1762), one-time Bishop of Elphin (fl. 1740-62). By 1830 the windmill was in ruins and stood as such until 1992 when a gradual restoration brought it back to full working order. The restored Elphin Windmill was officially reopened in 1996 and is the only working windmill of its kind in the west of Ireland.
Click here to visit the Elphin Windmill website