Wells House first opened its doors to the public in July 2012 and has quickly become one of the leading visitor attractions in County Wexford. An Elizabethan Revival mansion designed by the nineteenth-century architect, Daniel Robertson (d. 1849), Wells House was home to the Doyne family and evidence of their legacy is found throughout the house and estate. Visitors who partake of guided tours of the house will see a panelled hall carrying the Doyne coat of arms; a dining room with a geometric ceiling recalling Robertson’s work at Johnstown Castle; a library with doors disguised as bookcases; and a drawing room decorated in a “Versailles” style. The terraced gardens are currently being restored to the original Robertson scheme and visitors to the estate can also take a leisurely walk through a wood affectionately known as “Lady Frances’ Walk”.
Click here to visit the Wells House and Gardens website