Fenagh, County Leitrim, has known settlement since the earliest of times and includes such ancient monuments as a double court tomb known as “Giants’ Graves” and a tomb known as “Dermot and Grania’s Bed“. Two ruined churches owe their origins to a monastery founded by Saint Callin in the sixth century. The “new” Saint Catherine’s Church (Fenagh) was built in 1787 with the financial assistance of a gift from the Board of First Fruits (fl. 1711-1833) and served the local congregation for almost two centuries before its closure in 1974. The rehabilitation of the church has been ongoing since 1988 and visitors will see a wealth of monuments and restored stained glass dedicated mainly to the Beresford family. The key to the church is available at the Fenagh Visitor Centre.
Click here to visit the Fenagh Visitor Centre website