Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use


In Use As



1790 - 1810


316625, 233257

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay four-storey over basement former townhouse, built c. 1800, with full-height twentieth-century extensions to rear (south). Now in use as offices. Roof not visible behind parapet wall with granite coping. Replacement steel hopper and downpipe breaking through parapet to west. Buff brick walls laid in Flemish bond with cement pointing, granite course over rendered basement wall. Gauged brick square-headed window openings, painted concrete sills, patent reveals and replacement multi-pane timber sash windows. Replacement steel balconettes to first floor. Gauged brick round-headed door opening with painted masonry Ionic doorcase comprising square-headed door opening flanked by engaged Ionic columns supporting fluted lintel cornice and surmounted by plain glazed fanlight. Replacement eight panelled timber door opens onto replacement granite paved platform and granite steps to street. Platform and basement well enclosed by replacement steel railings set on replacement painted concrete plinth wall. Steel steps provide access to basement with replacement timber door below entrance platform. Fronting onto south side of Baggot Street Lower with three-storey recent building occupying site of former coah house on Baggot Court, built c. 1990.


A handsome Georgian terraced former townhouse retaining much of its external composition and historic fabric including an Ionic doorcase. Now in commercial use, the building forms part of a coherent stretch of former townhouses lining the south side of a tree-lined street on the south-western approach to St. Stephen’s Green.