Church of Christ the King (1927-31), Turner’s Cross, Cork
An exceptional example of twentieth-century architecture and the Art Deco style. The church was designed by F. [Francis] Barry Byrne (1883-1967) of Chicago and features a figure of Christ designed by the Chicago-born Paris-based sculptor John H. Storrs (1885-1956) and executed by John Maguire of Cork.
More about Church of Christ the King (1927-31), Turner’s Cross, Cork
A giant Doric column designed by Henry Aaron Baker (1753-1836) stands on the summit of a hill overlooking Kells and, with its viewing platform and glazed lantern, resembles a stranded lighthouse.
More about Tower of Lloyd, Kells, Meath
The Metal Man (1815-22), Sligo
A figure modelled on a "Jack Tar" stands on a podium between Rosses Point and Oyster Island and points to a safe channel into Sligo Harbour. The figure cast by Thomas Kirk (1781-1845) has a near identical twin which stands on a pillar overlooking Tramore Bay in County Waterford.
More about The Metal Man (1815-22), Sligo
Cliff Cottage, Cullenstown, Wexford
A thatched farmhouse which has become one of the most photographed landmarks on the south County Wexford coastline owing to the decorative shell work by Kevin L. Ffrench (1921-2003) which includes depictions of "The Mexico" and Tuskar Rock Lighthouse.
More about Cliff Cottage, Cullenstown, Wexford
Lisnavagh House, County Carlow, which was one of the largest houses in Ireland before its owners, the Bunburys, orchestrated a major reduction in the 1950s. Photograph by James Fennell Located just south of the village of Rathvilly, County Carlow, Lisnavagh House (1847-9) was one of the largest houses in Ireland before its owners orchestrated a