Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use


In Use As



1790 - 1810


316614, 233264

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced four-bay four-storey over basement former townhouse, built c. 1800, with full-height two-bay brick extension to rear, built c. 1995. Now in use as offices. Single-span pitched slate roof set behind parapet wall with granite coping, hipped to the east with hipped roof to rear extension. Single rendered chimneystack to the east party wall with lipped clay pots. Parapet gutters, replacement steel hopper and downpipe breaking through parapet to west and east. Buff brick walls laid in Flemish bond with cement pointing, granite course over rendered basement walls. Gauged brick square-headed window openings, having concrete sills, patent reveals and replacement multi-pane timber sash windows. Replacement steel balconettes to first floor. Gauged brick round-headed door opening with masonry Ionic doorcase comprising square-headed door opening flanked by engaged Ionic columns supporting fluted lintel cornice and surmounted by plain glazed fanlight. Replacement eight panelled timber door opening onto replacement granite paved platform and granite steps to the street. Platform and basement well enclosed by replacement steel railings set on replacement concrete plinth wall. Steel steps provide access to the basement with timber panelled below platform. Fronting onto the south side of Baggot Street Lower with three-storey recent building occupying former rear garden onto Baggot Court.


A handsome Georgian terraced former townhouse retaining much of its external composition and historic fabric including an Ionic doorcase. Its four-bay width makes it an imposing addition to the streetscape. Now in commercial use, the building forms part of a coherent stretch of former townhouses lining the south side of a tree-lined street on the south-western approach to St. Stephen’s Green.