Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use


In Use As



1790 - 1810


316589, 233276

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-bay four-storey over basement former townhouse, built c. 1800, now in use as offices. M-profile pitched slate roof, hipped to the east, set behind parapet wall with granite coping. Shouldered rendered chimneystacks to west party wall with lipped clay pots. Parapet gutters, cast-iron hopper and downpipe breaking through parapet to west. Buff brick walls laid in Flemish bond with wigged pointing, masonry course over rendered basement walls. Gauged brick square-headed window openings, masonry sills, feathered reveals and original timber sash windows with historic glass; nine-over-six to first floor with original wrought-iron balconettes, six-over-six to second floor, three-over-three to third floor, one-over-one to ground floor and replacement top-hung timber casement windows to basement. Mixture of original and replacement multi-pane timber sash windows to rear elevation, with multi-paned timber casements to first floor. Original wrought-iron balconettes to first and second floors of north elevation. Gauged brick round-headed door opening with masonry Ionic doorcase comprising square-headed door opening flanked by engaged Ionic columns, lead traceried sidelights and Ionic pilasters supporting fluted lintel cornice and surmounted by spoked fanlight. Original timber door with six raised-and-fielded panels and brass furniture. Door opens onto granite platform with iron boot scraper and granite steps bridging basement well enclosed by original wrought and cast-iron railings set on granite plinth wall returning to enclose basement well. Replacement steel steps provide access to basement. Fronting onto the south side of Baggot Street Lower with rear garden enclosed by tall cement rendered walls.


A handsome Georgian terraced former townhouse retaining its external composition and original fabric including a complete Ionic doorcase and an impressive collection of original fenestration. Now in commercial use, the building forms part of a coherent stretch of former townhouses lining the south side of a tree-lined street on the south-western approach to St. Stephen’s Green.