Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1770 - 1790
Attached two-bay four-storey over concealed basement former townhouse, built c. 1780, with shopfront inserted to ground floor. Now in use as shop. Hipped slate roof with ridge running perpendicular to street and hidden behind front parapet wall with granite coping. Ruled-and-lined cement rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with granite sills and replacement single-pane timber sash windows with convex horns. Landscape fixed-pane timber display window to ground floor and square-headed door opening with recent timber panelled door and rectangular overlight. Door opens onto concrete paved platform and two scored granite steps opening on to street.
A late eighteenth-century townhouse that retains very little of it historic exterior fabric. However, the overall façade composition remains readable as a former townhouse, with its elegant proportions, fenestration pattern and roof parapet intact. The building continues to contribute to the historic appearance of the terrace, and streetscape.