Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Previous Name

Bank Buildings

Original Use

Shop/retail outlet

In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1870 - 1890


315947, 234046

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Attached three-bay four-storey former house, built c. 1880, with recent shopfront to ground floor. M-profile pitched roof, concealed by parapet with masonry coping, concealed gutters to front and original cast-iron rainwater goods. Buff brick walling throughout, laid in Flemish bond, with wigged pointing to upper floors. Square-headed window openings, diminishing in height, with patent reveals, painted masonry sills to top two floors, and one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Door opening to western bay, opening onto shared granite platform with three granite steps to street level and cast-iron lamp standard belonging to neighbouring building. Interior modernized.


This building is a modified late nineteenth-century house, its upper floors retaining the original brickwork with characteristic Dublin wigging, while the ground floor has a sympathetic recent shopfront. The building is plainly detailed in comparison with some of its neighbours, but is representative of the traditional Dublin Georgian-style idiom and contributes to the architectural diversity of College Green.