Categories of Special Interest
St. Andrew's Church
In Use As
1800 - 1810
Freestanding Portland stone statue of St. Andrew, sculpted 1804. Stands next to former parochial schoolhouse in grounds of Saint Andrew's former Church of Ireland church.
This Portland stone statue by the sculptor Edward Smyth stands in the open air at the former St. Andrew's Church of Ireland church and graveyard. An estimate of £113.15s. for executing it was submitted 6 Jun 1803. It depicts the St. after whom the church was named. It was placed over doorway 16 Jun 1804 and later removed when church was rebuilt. A church has stood on this site since the medieval period.