Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Technical

Original Use

Building misc


1870 - 1880


316813, 236345

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached nine-bay two-storey triple-pile warehouse, built c. 1875, having six-bay southeast and multiple-bay northwest side elevations. Hipped triple-pile roof with cut granite eaves course and mixed cast-iron and replacement uPVC rainwater goods. Coursed squared calp limestone rubble walls with block-and-start limestone quoins. Signage to front (east) elevation. Square-headed window openings with yellow brick voussoirs, red brick or raised render reveals, cut granite sills, and having multiple-pane metal windows, replacement timber windows, and mesh security screens; some openings blocked up; oculus to north elevation with brick surround. Square and segmental-arch doorways to front elevation with yellow brick surrounds and double-leaf timber battened doors, some with sidelights, having cut granite sills and multiple-pane metal windows. Flat hood to easternmost doorway, on render brackets. Flight of recent concrete steps and steel railings to east. Sited northeast of former Jones's Road Whiskey Distillery.


This former warehouse evokes a strong sense of its industrial past, through the preservation of its original walling fabric and openings. The textural contrast between the limestone walls and brick surrounds to the openings is pleasant. Built in association with the nearby distillery complex, it forms an important group that dominates the south side of historic Richmond Road, along the River Tolka, and representing the industrial importance of the area in the late nineteenth century.