Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use


In Use As



1830 - 1850


315419, 232818

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay single-storey house over raised basement, built c. 1840 as one of terrace of six, having return to rear. M-profile pitched roof. Brick parapet with granite coping, brick chimneystacks having clay pots. Brown brick, laid in Flemish bond, to walls, with masonry plinth course over lined-and-ruled rendered walls to basement. Square-headed window openings having rendered reveals and masonry sills. Mixed one-over-one pane timber sliding sash and replacement windows. Elliptical-headed door opening with moulded render surround, doorcase comprising Doric columns and stepped cornice. Plain fanlight, replacement door. Rendered steps and platform. Cast-iron railings with fleur-de-lis and anthemion finials, set on rendered plinth wall having granite capping.


This house retains much of its original form, and is characteristic of suburban residential development dating to the mid-nineteenth century. Part of a terrace with similar proportions and features, it shares steps and return with the house to the south. The fine Greek revival railings with decorative anthemion heads are the work of a skilled craftsman. Originally New Bride Street, Heytesbury Street was renamed for William รก Court, 1st Baron Heytesbury, Lord Lieutenant of Ireland from 1844-46. The street comprises a series of individual terraces, reflecting the speculative nature of its development in the mid-nineteenth century.