Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Attached two-bay three-storey house with basement and attic, built c. 1830 as one of pair with No. 14, with three-storey hipped roof extension and recent fire escape to rear. Now in office use. Flat-topped pitched slate roof with velux windows, parapet with parapet gutters, masonry platband and moulded cornice, brick chimneystacks to party wall with clay pots, and replacement downpipe. Brown brick walling laid in Flemish bond on masonry plinth course over painted rendered basement walling. Square-headed window openings with painted masonry sills, patent reveals, brick voussoirs and replacement six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows with convex horns. Decorative cast-iron balconettes to first floor windows. Apparently replacement windows to rear. Round-headed doorway with painted masonry doorcase, patent surround, Scamozzian-Ionic columns, panelled entablature, leaded rolled-glass fanlight and replacement timber panelled door. Granite-paved entrance platform with five bull-nosed granite steps, and pathway to street flanked by mild-steel and decorative cast-iron railings over moulded granite plinth. Garden to front having decorative cast-iron pedestrian gate, round-topped piers and railings to front boundary on moulded granite plinth. carparking to rear.
A Georgian-style house, forming part of a well-retained pair on Warrington Place. It features a good Scamozzian doorcase and decorative cast-iron railings and balconettes. It, and the other houses in the terrace, are characterized by well-balanced proportions typical of the period, contributing strongly to the character of the streetscape along the Grand Canal and to the architectural heritage of south Dublin. Warrington Place was laid out 1791, but built in the early nineteenth century.