Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1930 - 1935
Almost freestanding five-bay two-storey administrative building, built 1932, over segmental-arcade basement, having later slightly recessed block to east side. Flat roofs, with moulded granite cornice to cut granite parapet. Ashlar granite walls, with plinth to base of ground floor and to basement; rendered yellow brick walling to later block. Six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows to west and south elevations, tripartite to one bay of south elevation of rear block; basement windows at west have projecting keystones, with masonry sills; fixed metal windows to east with concrete sills. Link block at northeast is single-storey over basement, latter having arch.
This relatively modestly sized administrative building stands within the Leinster House complex. It is well-designed in two-storey over an arcaded basement and displays good-quality ashlar masonry and details and is enhanced by the retention of appropriate windows.