Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use


In Use As

Guest house/b&b


1810 - 1815


317156, 233279

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Attached two-bay two-storey house with basement and attic, built c. 1814 and forming one of terrace of five (Nos. 6-10), formerly part of longer terrace, having two-storey flat-roofed return to rear. Pitched slate roof with tripartite flat-roofed dormer window to front, parapet with granite coping and parapet gutters, and brick chimneystacks to party walls, that to south being part of neighbouring building to south. Brown brick walling laid in Flemish bond over painted rendered basement walling; smooth rendered to part of rear elevation and return. Square-headed window openings with granite sills, patent reveals and brick voussoirs. Timber six-over-six pane sliding sash windows to front and rear elevations without horns; replacement timber casement windows to dormer and to rear first floor; spoked oculus to rear elevation. Round-headed doorway with painted masonry doorcase comprising rendered surround, fluted Doric columns on plinth stops supporting plain entablature, spoked fanlight with remnant of lantern case, and eight-panel timber door. Limestone-paved entrance platform, accessed by two granite steps, and concrete pathway leading to street, with decorative cast-iron railings to southwest side enclosing small garden accessed by cast-iron pedestrian gate, and with decorative cast-iron railings over moulded granite plinth to front boundary. Red brick boundary wall enclosing yard to rear.


A modest late Georgian house, built as part of a terrace, at the northeast end of Warrington Place. The houses have good Doric doorcases, well-balanced proportions and retain common setting features and timber sliding sash windows. The scale of the terrace contrasts with the properties in the rest of the street and is a good representation of early to mid-nineteenth-century domestic architecture in Dublin. Warrington Place was laid out 1791, but built in the early nineteenth century, as indicated by date stone of 1814 refitted to modern office block.