Categories of Special Interest
1875 - 1885
Pair of freestanding granite horse troughs, erected 1880 as part of Lady Laura Grattan fountain, but moved c. 2015 to facilitate tram works and now standing about 100m east of fountain. Rectangular plan troughs with rounded rims and chamfered lower edges to long sides, standing on granite blocks to each end; northern trough has granite U-plan wheel-guards to northwest and southwest corners. Overflow holes to south ends.
This pair of granite horse troughs formerly a part of the Lady Laura Grattan fountain nearby. (Record 50100257) They are robustly made of granite, with modest detailing. They represent a humane response to the watering needs of Dublin City's working horses in times past.