Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1710 - 1750
Attached two-bay three-storey former house, built c. 1730, refaced c. 1960, now in use as shop to ground floor. Flat roof with brick parapet having concrete coping. Yellow brick laid in English garden wall bond to upper floors. Rendered walls to ground floor. Square-headed openings with recent windows. Display windows flanking shop entrance to ground floor, with second entrance, leading to upper floors, to north end.
Dublin Civic Trust's 'Survey of Gable-Fronted and Other Early Buildings of Dublin City,' 2012, states 'The mid twentieth-century nondescript façade of this building disguises a much earlier structure that retains subtle clues as to its early origins, including corner chimneybreasts to the interior. While the roof has been removed, making the reading of the building more difficult, the small proportions of the floors and the shopfront would suggest a refacing of a former early eighteenth-century townhouse.'