Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1890 - 1900
Two freestanding circular-plan industrial kilns, built c.1895, now having a circulation function within visitors centre c.1998. Cylindrical form. Brown brick laid in stretcher bond having whitewash externally. Recent openings having steel lintels.
These former kilns associated with the Jameson Distillery are surviving fragments of the site's industrial past, now forming a centrepiece within the visitors centre. The well constructed brickwork has ensured their survival as a reminder of a once thriving industry with an important social and economic role in the surrounding area from the late nineteenth century until the 1970s.