Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1890 - 1910
Group of three terraced two-bay two-storey houses, built c.1900, with rear extensions and having front and rear gardens. Single-span and M-profile pitched tiled roofs, with red brick chimneystacks having clay chimney pots over party walls. Yellow brick cornice and copper flashing to chimneystack over party wall of Nos. 530 and 532. Replacement rainwater goods. Hipped tiled and flat roofs to rear extensions. Red brick facade to No. 530, laid in Flemish bond, with brick dentil cornice. Pebble-dash render with smooth-rendered quoins and brick dentil cornice to No. 532. Rebuilt brickwork to facade of No. 528, laid in stretcher bond. Smooth render to rear elevation and extensions. Square-headed window openings to front elevations with rendered reveals, painted granite sills and replacement uPVC windows to Nos. 530 and 532. Rebuilt soldier-arch window openings with concrete sills and aluminium windows to facade of No. 532. Round-arch door openings with rendered reveals, timber doorcases having pilasters, acanthus-leaf console brackets, bolection-panelled door to No. 528, timber battened doors to Nos 530 and 532. Doors open onto granite and concrete threshold steps. Front gardens bounded to North Circular Road by painted granite plinth walls with wrought-iron railings and gates with cast-iron fleur-de-lys finials. Cast-iron foliate uprights support gates. Front gardens to Nos 530 and 532 hard landscaped. Black and red tiled path leads from pedestrian gate to front door of No. 528.
A group of early twentieth-century terraced houses, plainly detailed but enlivened by contrasting brick detailing around the openings, and contributing to the variety and architectural heritage of the streetscape. Although each has been modified and refurbished since construction, the houses retain early architectural features of interest. Good timber doorcases with decoratively carved console brackets give character to their exteriors.