Categories of Special Interest
1790 - 1810
Terraced two-bay four-storey former house, built c.1800, with replacement timber shopfront to ground floor. Currently vacant. Hipped slate roof, with angled ridge-and-hip tiles, behind solid parapet with stone coping. Pair of brick chimneystacks to east party wall, abutting those of adjoining terrace, with replacement clay pots. Walling is hand-made red brick laid to Flemish bond, with alternate raised brick quoins to outer edges. Square-headed window openings, with plain reveals, replacement concrete sills, brick voussoirs, and replacement uPVC casements throughout. Shopfront has timber fascia and vinyl signage, outer walls are plain rendered and clad in modern ceramic tiles, with expansive modern shop windows concealed behind roller shutter. Square-headed replacement timber door with paned over-light. Street-fronted on Parnell Street, building forming part of varied terrace.
An early nineteenth-century Georgian townhouse, which forms part of a varied terrace largely comprising eighteenth-century buildings. Characterised by balanced proportions and plain detailing, it is a typical example of urban domestic architecture, from this period. Despite the modern re-modelling of the shopfront and replacement of the windows with uPVC insertions, it continues to make a significant contribution to the townscape. The quoin detailing suggests a slightly later date of construction, in comparison with nearby terraces.