Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
Terraced three-bay four-storey house, built c.1840, having recent shopfront to ground floor. Now in use as commercial premises to ground and first floors, vacant to top two floors. Roof not visible behind parapets, with unpainted cement-rendered chimneystacks to east gable. Unpainted lined cement-based smooth-rendered walling to front, east and south (rear) elevations, with concrete parapet coping to front elevation. Square-headed window openings to upper floors, irregularly spaced and diminishing in height, with painted stone sills, and replacement aluminium windows. Outbuildings to rear opening to alleyway.
A house located on Lower Abbey Street, with commercial units to ground floor. The building is a typical example of Dublin terraced housing dating from the late Georgian or early Victorian period. It forms part of a short terrace standing between the nineteenth-century Presbyterian church and hall on one side and the twentieth-century Abbey Theatre on the other, the whole group constituting an interesting historical sequence of buildings.