Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1750 - 1820
Terraced four-bay three-storey former house, built c.1770. with shopfront to ground floor. Now in use as offices, with shop unit to ground floor vacant. Roof concealed behind painted and rendered parapet wall with granite coping. Replacement uPVC rainwater goods. Ruled-and-lined painted rendered walls to upper floors. Square-headed window openings, diminished in height to second floor, with painted reveals, painted granite sills and replacement casement windows to top floor and one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows with horns to first floor. Fully shuttered to ground floor, with modern fascia over. Steel door to west side of elevation to upper floors, with plain reveals. Fronts directly onto street.
A terraced former house, that is plainly detailed, but retains its original proportions, adding to the historic streetscape and architectural variety of one of Dublin's oldest commercial areas. According to Casey (2005), it retains an eighteenth century roof structure.