Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1820
Terraced two-bay four-storey former house, built c.1810, with shopfront to ground floor. In use as shop, with apartments over. Roof concealed behind rebuilt red brick parapet with masonry coping. Concealed rainwater goods. Brown brick walling laid to Flemish bond to upper floors. Square-headed window openings with brick voussoirs (replaced in red brick to third floor), painted rendered reveals, granite sills and replacement uPVC windows. Modern timber glazed shopfront, and modern timber panelled door to upper floors at east. Fronts directly onto street.
A brick terraced building representative of the standard form, detailing and proportion of nineteenth-century Georgian terraces in central Dublin, with combined commercial and residential use. Despite modern interventions, the building contributes significantly to the historic built form of Mary Street, located in one of Dublin's oldest commercial areas.