Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1770 - 1790
Terraced two-bay four-storey former house, built c.1780, with ground floor of this and No. 55 combined into single commercial unit. Now in use as shop and flats. Roof concealed behind brick parapet with granite coping. Replacement uPVC rainwater goods with hopper. Red brick walling laid to Flemish bond to upper floors. Diminishing square-headed window openings with brick voussoirs, painted rendered reveals, granite sills and six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows throughout. Modern timber shopfront.
This brick terraced building is representative of the standard form, detailing and proportion of nineteenth-century Georgian terraces in central Dublin, having combined commercial and residential use. It benefits greatly from the retention of timber sash windows, and is well maintained. The building contributes significantly to the historic built form of Mary Street.