Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1780 - 1820
Terraced two-bay four-storey former house, built c.1800. Now in use as shop to ground floor, upper floors now in use as storage. Roof concealed behind painted brick parapet with granite coping, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods. Painted Flemish bond brickwork to upper floors. Square-headed window openings with painted brick voussoirs, plain reveals, granite sills and replacement uPVC windows; second floor windows taller than those to first floor and diminished in height. Fully-glazed modern shopfront, doors to upper floors removed. Fronts directly onto street.
Standing on Mary Street, one of the early streets laid out by Jervis in the seventeenth century, this former house conforms to the standard Georgian window treatment that characterises many of the buildings in the area. It is representative of the combined tenure of buildings in the area, having combined commercial and residential use.