Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1810 - 1830


316405, 235468

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay three-storey house over basement, built c.1820, with two-storey extension to rear. M-profile hipped tiled roof with terracotta ridge tiles, red brick chimneystacks having clay pots over gable to northeast. Cast-iron down pipe and hopper to facade and replacement rainwater goods to rear. Roof set behind parapet wall with granite coping. Pitched tiled roof to rear extension with terracotta ridge tiles. Pebble-dash render to facade with painted granite plinth course. Brick to northeast side elevation, seen above roof of abutting house. Pebble-dashed to rear and brick to rear extension. Square-headed window openings with rendered reveals, painted granite sills and replacement uPVC windows. Round-headed door opening with rendered reveals and surround, replacement doorcase, timber door and fanlight. Door opens onto concrete threshold and granite step. Wrought-iron bars within granite surround to basement well opening. Granite kerbstones to pavement. Garden to rear bounded by concrete block wall with square-headed opening with steel vehicular roller shutters.


This house is located at the northeast end of a terrace of eight three-storey over basement houses. Dating from about the 1820s, it is part of the historic fabric of Summer Street North. Although it has lost important historic fabric it continues to contribute to the architectural quality and scale of the street.