1860 - 1865
Double-arch stone bridge, erected 1864, carrying road over railway line. Snecked limestone parapet wall with dressed granite copings and round arches with rusticated voussoirs. Water and gas pipes to west elevations. Snecked limestone wing walls with dressed granite copings. Abuts single-arch stone canal bridge of c.1795 carrying same road over Royal Canal.
This railway bridge stands alongside an earlier canal bridge, neatly juxtaposing the eras of the canals and railways, the railway company having acquired the canal in the 1850s. The bridge is a good example of the high quality structures associated with the Midland Great Western Railway Company.