Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
Attached two-bay three-storey former house, built c.1820, having recent shopfront to front (north) elevation. Now in use as shop. Recent flat roof behind lined-and-ruled rendered parapet with masonry coping to front. Lined-and-ruled rendered wall to front. Square-headed window openings having masonry sills and six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows. Steel roller shutter to recent shopfront. Situated to east end of Wellington Quay.
Wellington Quay was constructed in the early nineteenth century as an eastward extension of the original Custom House Quay. This building shares proportion and material characteristics with neighbouring buildings, contributing to the coherence of the streetscape. Although it has been somewhat altered, it retains its traditional form and character, and it makes a subtle but positive contribution to the architectural character of Wellington Quay.