Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Terraced two-bay three-storey house over exposed basement, built c.1830. Now in use as offices. Double-pile slate roof concealed behind parapet wall with granite coping and pair of shouldered yellow brick chimneystacks having clay pots to east party wall. Red brick walling laid in Flemish bond on painted granite plinth course over rendered basement walls. Gauged brick flat-arched window openings with flush rendered reveals, painted stone sills and replacement uPVC windows. Gauged brick round-headed door opening with rendered surround and replacement hardwood door, doorcase and fanlight. Door opens onto concrete platform and three concrete steps, bridging basement and enclosed by original wrought-iron railings. Basement area enclosed by original wrought-iron railings and cast-iron corner posts on moulded granite plinth wall with matching gate giving access.
This house terminates the east end of a terrace of five modest former townhouses, and abutting a further terrace of seven similar houses at an obtuse angle following the curve of North Circular Road. It retains its fenestration pattern and original front railings, adding to the overall composition of this attractive terrace of late Georgian townhouses.