Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic

Original Use


In Use As

Apartment/flat (converted)


1820 - 1840


316544, 235564

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay three-storey house over exposed basement, built c.1830, as one of pair. Now in multiple occupancy. Double-pile slate roof concealed behind parapet wall with granite coping and pair of shouldered yellow brick chimneystacks having clay pots to east party wall. Red brick walls laid in Flemish bond on painted granite plinth course above rendered basement walls. Gauged brick flat-arched window openings, flush rendered reveals, painted masonry sills and replacement uPVC windows. Gauged brick elliptical-headed door opening with moulded surround and painted masonry Doric doorcase. Replacement hardwood panelled door flanked by pair of half-fluted Doric columns on plinth bases supporting fluted lintel cornice and plain fanlight. Door opens onto concrete platform and three concrete steps, bridging basement area. Platform and basement area enclosed by wrought-iron railing on painted granite plinth wall to street with matching iron gate.


This house forms part of a terrace of five modestly scaled former townhouses, continuing as a further terrace of seven houses and built at an angle following the curve of North Circular Road. It retains its fenestration pattern, a Doric doorcase and original front railings, adding to the overall composition of this attractive terrace of late Georgian townhouses.