Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic

Original Use


In Use As

Apartment/flat (converted)


1820 - 1840


316538, 235565

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay three-storey house over exposed basement, built c.1830, as one of pair. Now in multiple occupancy. Double-pile slate roof hidden behind parapet wall with granite coping and pair of shouldered yellow brick chimneystacks with clay pots to the east party wall. Red brick walls laid down in Flemish bond, painted to ground floor level, set on painted granite plinth course above rendered basement walls. Gauged brick flat-arched window openings with patent rendered reveals, painted masonry sills and replacement timber casement windows. Gauged brick segmental-headed door opening with rendered surround and painted masonry Doric doorcase. Replacement timber panelled door flanked by Doric columns on plinth bases supporting lintel cornice and original petal fanlight. Door opens onto concrete platform bridging basement and three granite steps. Platform and basement area enclosed by original wrought-iron railing on granite plinth wall.


This house forms part of a terrace of five modestly scaled former townhouses abutting a further terrace of seven houses and built at an angle following the curve of North Circular Road. It retains its fenestration pattern, Ionic doorcase with a fine decorative fanlight, and original front railings, adding to the overall composition of this attractive terrace of late Georgian townhouses.