Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic

Original Use


In Use As

Apartment/flat (converted)


1820 - 1840


316531, 235568

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay three-storey house over exposed basement, built c.1830, as one of pair. Now in multiple occupancy. Double-pile slate roof concealed behind parapet wall and shared cast-iron downpipe to north. Yellow brick chimneystack with clay pots to east party wall. Painted ruled-and-lined rendered walls on granite plinth course over smooth rendered basement walls. Square-headed window openings with smooth rendered surrounds, painted masonry sills and replacement uPVC windows. Round-headed door opening with painted stone Ionic doorcase. Replacement timber glazed door flanked by engaged Ionic columns on plinth bases supporting fluted lintel cornice and plain fanlight. Door opens onto concrete platform, bridging basement and two granite steps. Original wrought-iron railings and cast-iron corner posts enclose platform and basement area, set on painted granite plinth wall.


This house is part of a terrace of five similarly scaled, modest former townhouses abutting a further terrace of seven houses built at an angle following the curve of North Circular Road. It retains its fenestration pattern, Ionic doorcase and original front railings, adding to the overall composition of this attractive terrace of late Georgian townhouses.