Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1790 - 1810
Terraced three-storey house over exposed basement, built c.1800, having three-bay ground floor and two-bay upper floors, part of terrace of ten similar houses. M-profile slate roof hidden behind rendered parapet wall with concrete coping and dormers to rear pitch. Rendered brick chimneystacks to both party walls with clay pots. Red brick walls laid in Flemish bond on painted granite plinth course over rendered basement wall. Smooth rendered to rear elevation. Gauged brick flat-arched window openings with patent rendered reveals, concrete sills and replacement timber windows throughout. Round-headed stairs windows to rear, now converted to fire escape doors. Gauged brick round-headed door opening with replacement hardwood doorcase and fanlight. Door opens onto concrete platform and three granite steps bridging basement enclosed by wrought-iron railings. Basement area enclosed by wrought-iron railing on granite plinth wall. Rear site enclosed by tall rendered wall with metal gate off St. Margaret's Avenue.
This three-storey townhouse was built as part of a terrace of ten similar houses of elegant Georgian proportions. It retains its original steps, plinth and railings and contributes to the character of one of the earliest terraces to be built on the North Circular Road.