Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1790 - 1810


316310, 235639

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-storey house over exposed basement, built c.1800, having three-bay ground floor and two-by upper floors, part of terrace of ten similar houses. M-profile slate roof hidden behind parapet wall with granite coping and replacement rainwater goods breaking through to east. Red brick chimneystacks to both party walls with clay pots. Red brick walls laid in Flemish bond on painted granite plinth course over rendered basement wall. Smooth rendered to rear elevation. Gauged brick flat-arched window openings with patent rendered reveals, granite sills and replacement uPVC windows throughout. Replacement steel balconettes to first floor. Round-headed former stairs window to rear, now fire escape. Gauged brick round-headed door opening with replacement hardwood doorcase and fanlight. Door opens onto tiled platform and two tiled steps bridging basement enclosed by wrought-iron railings with cast-iron corner posts. Basement area enclosed by wrought-iron railing on granite plinth wall with steel gate on concrete piers giving access. Rear site enclosed by tall rendered wall with metal gate off St. Margaret's Avenue.


This three-storey townhouse was built as part of a terrace of ten similar houses of elegant Georgian proportions. It retains an original return and original railings and contributes to the appearance of what is one of the earliest terraces to be built on the North Circular Road.