Survey Data

Reg No

50010709


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


Date

1780 - 1800


Coordinates

315756, 235645


Date Recorded

05/09/2011


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced two-bay four-storey house, built c.1790, with modern shopfront inserted to ground floor and upper floors in multiple occupancy. Hipped slate roof behind parapet wall with granite coping. Stepped and rendered chimneystack with clay pots to south party wall. Yellow brick walls laid in Flemish bond. Gauged brick camber-headed window openings with patent rendered reveals, painted granite sills and replacement uPVC windows to upper floors. Replacement uPVC door leads to upper floors.

Appraisal

Positioned among a terrace of various building types, this four-storey Georgian building retains its vertical massing and diminishing window sizes. Although the original windows have been removed the composition largely fits in with the terrace and adds some character to the streetscape.