Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use

Shop/retail outlet

In Use As



1910 - 1930


315936, 234457

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced single-bay five-storey commercial building, built c.1920, with three-tier oriel window set within full-height arch, and replacement shopfront to ground floor. Flat roof hidden behind balustraded parapet wall with moulded granite coping. Red brick walls laid in Flemish bond, rebuilt to first floor, with giant brick pilasters to second and third floors and stepped semi-circular brick arch springing from the brick capitals with yellow brick keystone and flush yellow brick courses to spandrels. Gauged brick square-headed window openings to top floor with timber casement windows. Three-sided canted timber oriel window rising from first to third floors with lead roof over moulded cornice and plain timber casement windows.


Built after the destruction of the 1916 Rising, the façade of this building is articulated by a blind arch and panelled pilasters flanking a central three-tier oriel window. The ground and first floors have been substantially altered but the façade remains intact to the upper levels and adds some variety to the collection of early twentieth-century buildings that define the streetscape.