Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1670 - 1750


315453, 234265

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-bay four-storey house, built c.1710, with shopfront to ground floor. Hipped artificial slate roof with terracotta ridge tiles and large stepped red brick chimneystack to east and further rendered chimneystack to rear. Roof hidden behind parapet wall with concrete coping and moulded red brick string course. Cast-iron hopper and downpipe breaking through parapet wall to east. Red brick walls laid in English bond with shallow red brick pilasters to either end rising to parapet level. Diminishing square-headed window openings with rock-faced granite lintels, two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows and granite sills. Timber shopfront with pair of full-height fixed-pane display windows, central inset door opening, further door opening to west and full-span fascia. Ground floor interior has had stair hall removed with original running moulded plaster cornice and ceiling rose still in place.


Ormond Quay Lower and Upper were the first quays to be built on the north side of the River Liffey c.1680. Developed by Humphrey Jervis, they were named in honour of the Duke of Ormond who instigated the trend of building houses to face the river. Conforming to the Georgian typology established on this quay, this Victorian building sits comfortably into the terrace and adds to the variety of building types along one of Dublin’s best preserved river frontages.