Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
Corner-sited terraced two-bay four-storey house, built c.1820 as one of pair, with shopfront to ground floor. M-profile slate roof, hipped to south having brick chimneystack to north party wall with clay pots. Roof hidden behind raised parapet wall with granite coping. Cement rendered walls throughout. Square-headed window openings with patent rendered reveals, granite sills and replacement timber sliding sash windows throughout. Replacement hardwood shopfront to ground floor continuing across south side elevation. Infilled pavement grille to basement set in granite slabs
Marlborough Street was opened c.1700 and developed by the Moore family, the Earls of Drogheda. It is a substantial Georgian house which, despite having a cement render finish, retains its graduated fenestration, quality replacement timber sliding sash windows and its overall appearance. Located opposite the Abbey Theatre, this pair of buildings evokes the early origins of the street and greatly contribute to the appeal of the streetscape.