Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
Terraced two-bay four-storey house, built c.1840, now in commercial use with accommodation over, having recent shopfront to ground floor. Flat roof with shared red brick chimneystack to west party wall behind red brick parapet wall having masonry coping. Red brick wall laid in Flemish bond with red brick soldier quoins to west of façade. Diminishing gauged brick square-headed window openings with masonry sills and replacement uPVC windows throughout. Timber shopfront to ground floor comprising engaged panelled pilasters on plinth bases having moulded string course and shaped consoles, flanking fascia with moulded render architrave over recent square-headed glazed windows and door openings. Square-headed door opening to east of shopfront with steel shutters over.
This modest house forms an integral component of a relatively uniform terrace, sharing various aspects with its neighbours, including parapet height, fenestration pattern and a regularity of design and proportion. It forms part of the terrace lining the north side of Talbot Street, which was laid out in the 1840s following the sale of Tyrone House.