Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
Terraced three-bay four-storey house, built c.1840, having recent shopfront to ground floor. M-profile slate roof, hipped to west with shared red brick chimneystacks behind red brick parapet with masonry coping. Red brick wall laid in Flemish bond. Gauged brick square-headed window openings with granite sills and replacement uPVC windows. Recent shopfront to ground floor having square-headed window and door openings.
Although it has been much altered by the insertion of a recent shopfront to the ground floor, much of the original form of the upper floors of this building has been maintained. The parapet height and fenestration rhythm of the neighbouring buildings have also been maintained, making a positive impact on the streetscape. The building forms an important part of a long terrace lining the north side of Talbot Street, which was laid out c.1840, following the sale of Tyrone House.