Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
Terraced three-bay four-storey house, built c.1840, now in commercial use with accommodation over. M-profile slate roof, hipped to east with shared red brick chimneystacks behind red brick parapet having masonry coping. Red brick walls laid in Flemish bond to upper floors. Diminishing gauged brick square-headed window openings with masonry sills and replacement uPVC windows. Recent shopfront to ground floor comprising fluted engaged pilasters and consoles, with moulded cornice over square-headed opening. Square-headed door opening to east of shopfront having timber panelled door with louvered vent over.
This pleasant building forms an integral component of the terrace lining the north side of Talbot Street, which was laid out c.1840 following the sale of Tyrone House. The parapet height and fenestration rhythm of the terrace has been maintained, providing a pleasing sense of symmetry and consistency and making a positive contribution to the streetscape.