Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1805 - 1815
Terraced three-bay three-storey house over raised basement, built c.1810. Now in use as apartments. One of terrace of four. Pitched slate roof behind parapet with granite coping, corbelled brown brick chimneystack with yellow clay pots. No visible rainwater goods. Brown brick walling laid down in Flemish bond, partially replaced at eaves level, painted granite plinth course, rendered wall to basement area. Cast-iron wall-tie. Gauged flat-arched window openings with patent rendered reveals, painted sills, replacement uPVC windows. Segmental-headed door opening with stone surround and replacement timber door flanked by engaged Ionic columns supporting fluted frieze and stepped cornice with decorative leaded fanlight. Accessed via concrete platform with three concrete steps, bridging the basement, flanked by replacement wrought-iron handrails. Area bounded by low granite wall surmounted by replacement wrought-iron railings with spike finials.
The surroundings of this elegant Georgian terrace were much altered by the arrival of the Dublin and Drogheda railway, later the Great Northern Railway line, which now terminates the street. The balanced proportions of the front façade are characteristic of this period. The survival of much early fabric contributes greatly to its architectural heritage significance while the very fine Adamesque doorcase is of particular note.