Categories of Special Interest
1900 - 1940
Pair of two-storey houses, built c.1920, comprising three-bay house facing street and slightly higher second house at right angles presented two-bay gable-fronted facade to street. Catslide addition recessed to rear of three-bay house. Pitched corrugated-iron roofs with rendered chimneystack to first and red brick to second, to mid-ridge. Rendered walls, with rendered fascia and carved bargeboards to three-bay house, and truss-effect detail to gable of two-bay house. Square-headed openings, with three-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows to ground floor of three-bay house and two and three-light timber casement windows elsewhere to both houses, and timber panelled doors with over-lights to front elevation of each house.
This pair of houses adds interest on the edge of the village of Drum. The casement windows are somewhat unusual and the use of corrugated iron roofs provides variety in a village of mainly slated buildings. The three-bay house was probably formerly commercial also.