Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1730 - 1770
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, built c.1750, having recent timber shopfronts to ground floor. Pitched slate roof having moulded limestone eaves course, pediment over middle bay, red brick chimneystacks, that to north being recent, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Rubble limestone walls. Square-headed window openings having tooled pecked limestone lintels and tooled limestone sills, with replacement uPVC windows.
This building is prominently sited opposite the Church of Ireland and the west end of Farney Street. Its pediment sets it apart from other buildings on the street and from Farney Street it acts as an eye-catching device. The moulded eaves course and tooled lintels are interesting features.