Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1865 - 1875
Corner-sited terraced two-bay single-storey house with dormer floor, dated 1870 by plaque to neighbouring houses, and having projecting gable-fronted porch. Pitched slate roof with slate ridge tiles, decorative timber fascia and barge boards and finials, red brick chimneystack, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Dressed limestone walls with tooled limestone quoins and having raised hammer-dressed surrounds and sills to ground floor and gable openings. Painted date plaque with raised 'B', '1870' and crown motif over front entrance. Square-headed window and door openings having replacement timber windows and door.
This house was built as one of a terrace of houses by the Bath Estate and originally named as Weymouth Cottages. The well executed limestone façade and date plaque are representative of fine craftsmanship.