Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1865 - 1875
Terraced two-bay single-storey house with dormer floor, dated 1870 by plaque to neighbouring house. Pitched slate roof with slate ridge tiles, decorative timber fasciaboards, red brick chimneystack, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Dressed limestone walls with tooled limestone quoins and having raised hammer-dressed surrounds and sills to ground floor openings. Square-headed window openings having tooled replacement uPVC windows. Dormer window to first floor having decorative timber fascia and bargeboards and finial. Square-headed door opening with recent timber door.
This house was built as one of a terrace of houses by the Bath Estate and originally named as Weymouth Cottages. The well executed limestone façade is representative of fine craftsmanship.