Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1865 - 1875
Terraced two-bay two-storey house, with projecting gable-fronted entrance, dated 1870. Pitched slate roof with slate ridge tiles, decorative timber fasciaboards, red brick chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Cut dressed limestone walls with tooled limestone quoins. Square-headed window openings having tooled limestone surrounds and sills with recent timber windows. Dormer window to first floor having recent timber window. Square-headed door opening with recent timber and glazed door. Building faces onto former allotment gardens.
This house was built as one of a terrace of houses by the Bath Estate and originally named Weymouth Cottages. The well executed and finely carved limestone façade and date plaque is representative of fine craftsmanship. The survival of original features and fabric enhances the structure, making it a fine contributor to the architectural heritage of Carrickmacross.