Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1865 - 1875
End-of-terrace corner-sited two-bay single-storey house with dormer floor, dated 1870, with projecting gable-fronted porch with side windows. Now in use as private house. Pitched slate roof with slate ridge tiles, decorative timber fascia and bargeboards and finials, red brick chimneystack, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Dressed limestone walls with tooled limestone quoins. Painted date plaque having raised 'B', '1870' and crown motif over front entrance. Square-headed window openings having hammer-dressed surrounds and sills with replacement uPVC windows. Square-headed door opening with replacement timber door.
This house was built as one of a grouping of houses originally named Weymouth Cottages. The well executed limestone façade and date plaque are representative of fine craftsmanship. The grouping presents a decorative appearance to this part of Carrickmacross and is enhanced by the communal gardens to the north.