Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, built c.1840, part of row of four similar houses, having recent timber shopfront to ground floor. Pitched slate roof with red brick chimneystacks. Roughly coursed rubble limestone walling. Square-headed openings to upper floors with recent red brick surrounds.
This house, one of a row of four, has mottled stonework that is visually pleasant, and window openings that, together with its neighbours, presents an interesting rhythm to the streetscape. The house and its neighbours formerly house a convent of the Sisters of Saint Louis.