Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Terraced four-bay three-storey house, in use as shop and offices, built c.1830 with replacement shopfront to ground floor. Pitched slate roof, with smooth rendered chimneystack, projecting eaves with brackets, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Smooth rendered lined-and-ruled walling. Square-headed window openings, having stone sills and one-over-one pane timber horned sliding sash windows.
This building stands on Church Square, next to the elaborate Bank of Ireland, at the centre of Monaghan Town. It is distinguished by the retention of timber sash windows, and by its prominent ruled and lined rendered walls.